If, in moving through your life, you find yourself lost...go back to the last place where you knew who you were, and what you were doing, and start from there. Bernice Johnson Reagon.

09 August 2012

Old friends and such.

It sucks to get old.

Sure, there is an alternative and it sucks too.

As I have gotten older, there is one thing that is happening with increased frequency- my friends are dying.

It started about six years ago when one of my best friends in the world died. He had been sick, but the dying part was a shock. I had just seen him a week earlier.

I was informed a few weeks or so ago that a friend of mine and co-worker from way back had cancer that had metastasized and he was receiving hospice care. He died a few days ago.

I found out recently that another former co-worker and long time friend has been given just a couple of months.

And it seems of late that not a week goes by that someone that I grew up with, used to work with, or used to hang out with has either died recently, is really sick, or worse, died a while back and I just found out.

Sort of makes my problems pale by comparison.

No comments: